What is Vedanta?
- Vedanta is a way of life based on a higher view of Reality as pure consciousness both transcendent and immanent.
- Vedanta is the “Integral Science of Consciousness."
- Vedanta is the “Science of Spirituality” based on the eternal, universal truths and laws of the spiritual world.
The Traditional Concept of Vedanta
- Vedanta means the Upanishads, which form the end of the Vedas.
- Vedanta also refers to Vedanta Darshana, one of the six systems of Hindu philosophy based on Badarayana’s Brahma Sutras.
- Brahma-vidya, the sum total of all the truths and laws of the spiritual world, is revealed through the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, and other scriptures.